Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Entrance design ideas inside and out side the house.
Inside the house
1: Touch up paint,refinish or buff wood floors and steam or replace carpets(a light taupe Berber has classic appeal)
2. Lighting plays an important role in setting the mood in an entrance.A beautiful chandelier can do a perfect job. if not then you can add a lamp on the console table or bench,so that it looks more bright and welcoming.
3. Create a memorable entrance that looks and smells great.Start with a console table or bench and fresh fragrant flowers.A large mirror can make a small foyer seem bigger.
4. Clean.reconfigure and reorganize closets.Get everything off the floor and make sure hangers match.The closet should be less than half full to create a sense of spaciousness.
Outside the house
1.Reseed the lawn,if necessary.Cut back or rip out any overgrown shrubs and perennials: trim and tidy up any plantings that remain.
2. Update or repaint the front door,adding new handles and hardware.Install landscape lighting.
3. Paint trim,and be sure siding or shingles are in good repair.
4.Wash all windows and patio doors.Consider pressure washing the exterior of the whole house.
Great entrances are not always based on size. Whether your foyer is large with ultra-high ceilings or a small space just inside of the doorway, with some proper design, you can make a powerful first impression.